Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching Myth Busters (not really watching, but it's on). They're doing a stunt that involves fire and they dressed the guy in wool. They said that wool is the most flame/fire resistant material. It doesn't melt and it doesn't fuel the flame. Cool.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpioqueen
Lets not try to find out okay :LOL

DK
Yes, there will be NO burning wool covers! :LOL

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Yup, yet another very cool property of wool is that it's self-extinguishing, so we shall have no burned tushies 'round here!

If you really want to test it, see if you can find a loose fiber somewhere, you can see the coolness and not mess with your gorgeous fluff!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hey, we talked about this last week when you all were on vacation

I find this an endlessly amusing topic, myself

See last week's thread here.

Karla

P.S. I think that wool yarn or a bit of yarn from your soaker will actually burn pretty well. What makes wool fireproof or fire resistant is the density of the knitted or fabric fibers that prevent oxygen from assisting the fire.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Man I know none of us would be silly enough to actually try and light a wool cover on fire but did anyone have a strange vision of a bunch of hyenas with torches trying to light sheep on fire? LMAO...yet another side of the hyena you didn't know the pyro to sheep part....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts