Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you did it... I'm into wool. Swore to myself I wouldn't go down this road but here I am

I have some lovely fitteds for my heavy wetter for nighttime and a couple for daytime use too. I've been using a day/night aristrocrat which I think is okay and a LoveyBums Interlock which I like A LOT. But it seems like it would be easier to just put her in some cute longies that'll keep her snuggly.

So, any recommendation for some affordable, cute, reliable longies? I've looked at llamajama and BJ Marketplace and they are both in my price range but I read that BJ isn't great for heavy wetters. How about llamajama? Where else should I look?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really like BJ Marketplace longies. My DD is a fairly heavy wetter and they work fine overnight.

Also, I just bought some shorties from Green Mountain Wee Woolies and I LOVE them. I don't have longies by them, but I'm totally impressed with their shorties, so longies I wouldn't think would be any different.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you have any interest, I'd recommend knitting your own... That way you can customize the weight of the yarn with the exact measurements of your little one. I just finished knitting my first pair of Wonderpants (www.woolywonder.com)

I have no experience with either Llamajamas or BJMs, so I can't help you there

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ditto the making your own approach. I started knitting specifically to make my own (about 4 months ago) and now I'm obsessed! And it's much more affordable than purchasing them. Especially since you don't feel guilty about splurging for the "good" yarn (BFL, Targee, Peace Fleece) that is durable, won't pill as much and last you longer w/o paying an arm and a leg.

That said, one of the places I've found a really simple, affordable, easy looking wool pants (or overalls) are at www.greenmountaindiaper.com and www.tinybirdorganics.com. They aren't as cute, but they are reliable and more affordable.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I don't think I can learn to knit. I also like instant gratification so want some soon! Thanks for the links and recommendations. I really like the llamajamas - has anyone used those?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy37
What size
Hmmm...not sure. Probably a medium. She's about 20 lbs. with about a 17 in. rise. ??

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *andiflipping*
LLamajamas I think are pretty great for the price. My ds is a heavy wetter and they work great for him....

Thanks! I think that's what I'm going to try because there is a very cute pair available.

For those that use these as PJ bottoms, what do you put on top - just a t-shirt?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Yes, you can use pretty much anything on top that you want . We use just a t shirt.
Llamajama's are on sale right now too!
Amy

·
Registered
551 Posts
I love making my own wool covers out of recycled sweaters, it's the most easy sewin Ive ever done. I get get two soaker type pull ons for $2.50 a sweater at Goodwill, or one pair of longies. They work great too.

you could also buy recycled wool from somewhere like http://woollybottoms.com

·
Registered
602 Posts
Llamajamas are definitely the heaviest longies I've got- they are a very thick wool, so it seems as though they would be great for heavy wetters or for overnight. They also have some very cute ones- cargo pockets, ABC's, zoo, etc.

I don't have any BJ longies, but I have some BJ soakers, and they are super cute, but very thin- I don't think they'd be great overnight or for a super soaker, but the price is right, and they have a ton of variety.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.