Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Simone, those look really cute, i have some wool jersey on order so I can try and make some.
Wow, we were stationed at Eielson just a year ago and I don't miss it getting cold so early, but do miss how pretty it was there. Thanks for the pictures, kinda makes me miss it.

edited to fix a silly spelling error

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I
wool pants!
If I am not careful I will end up with almost as many of them as diapers.
I made some really cute wool pants out of recycled sweaters last weekend.
I have tried to replicate this feat since then but every pair I make has extremely skinny legs, for some reason. I think it must be due to my paranoia about making the rise too short.
:

Anyway - back to SB's wool pants! I have a pair on order too! Are yours the elastic cuffs or the hemmed? After much hemming and hawing (ahem, forgive the bad pun) I decided to go with hems.

And when I saw the picture of your little cutie, I thought, man, is it really that cold where she is already?? Then I saw your location is Alaska.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by famousmockngbrd

Anyway - back to SB's wool pants! I have a pair on order too! Are yours the elastic cuffs or the hemmed? After much hemming and hawing (ahem, forgive the bad pun) I decided to go with hems.

What fabric did you get? Mine were the Ocean Blue jersey (kinda hard to tell in the photo)

I opted for a bit of gentle elastic. I'm thinking this will help keep them pulled down over her winter boots. I gave Heidi measurements that were a tad bit bigger than my dd's actual size (based on a pair of sweatpants that we already own) because I wanted them to last all winter. She made then exactly to those measurements and they are perfect with just the right ammount of room to grow.

Quote:
Those look nice, can you machine wash/dry?
You might be able to gentle machine wash (with gentle care like other wool covers) but I probably wouldn't dry them.

I'm wonering if these will make my other wool cover obsolete this winter
: DD hasn't worn any other covers or cotton pants since these came in the mail (OK she wore a SP at night). It'll be interesting to see how these affect my laundry volume.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
she looks awesome in those!

I got some sweaters from the thrift store, I'm gunna try to make some....since I am done buying new dipes. lol

I was just gunna copy a pair of sweat pants too.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ooooh! Those are so cute!! Mine are coming in the mail soon!!!
I can't wait!
It's strange to see your little one dressed for winter, it's still in the upper 80's here!!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Love my 2
Ooooh! Those are so cute!! Mine are coming in the mail soon!!!
I can't wait!
It's strange to see your little one dressed for winter, it's still in the upper 80's here!!
Yep it's snowing here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok new to the wool pants. Do you use these as the diaper cover even with them being baggy and not snug against the diaper? Thanks for your help. Sharee

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkins Mom
Ok new to the wool pants. Do you use these as the diaper cover even with them being baggy and not snug against the diaper? Thanks for your help. Sharee
Yup they are working fantastic as a diaper cover alternative. DH and I have gotten really good with a snappi and dd's poos are pretty solid so leaks aren't a prob. The nice loose fit actually seems to be preventing some of the sweating/compression wicking problems that we've had with other wool covers. Heidi double fulled the wool but left them unlanolized and they've been working great without it. I'm pretty amazed actually bc my dd can really be a heavy wetter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts