Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to all you mamas, I am now in love w/ wool soakers for the daytime!!! I have several that tie in the front. How the heck do I tie the darn thing so that dd doesn't undue them?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The soakers I have I put the tie on the side, that seems to help, but you can also just slide it around to the back. If you undo it and you have a problem getting it back through, go to walmart and get yarn needles, that is how I thread my drawstrings, they are like $.97 for 3 or 4 of them!
~

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey neighbor!!! I was thinking of doing the knot, but then the tie is too tight to take the cover off. DD is very skinny. I'll have to go get some yarn needles and give that a try. I have no sewing skill what so ever. I don't even know how to sew a button on. I take dh's and my things to my dm.LOL

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Teagan,

I'm going on vacation, but when I return I 'll show you how to make a tie with hidden elastic. Then you tie a knot, and it looks like a tie but behaves like elastic.

That way, you will be forced to come over and be my friend.
I'll be gone until October 7th or thereabouts. Then, we can set something up?

Pam -- ever in search of a playdate!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I use my wool soakers on my older son at night. He is old enough to leave the tie alone. The baby is allergic to wool, so I crocheted him some acrylic soakers for daytime. He would actually pull the drawstring out, so I started tying it around a stitch in the back. He still unties the bow at the front, but at least he cannot pull it out. I will have to try the side tie, but I really like the idea of tying it inside the waistband.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.