Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone have experience with wool soakers?? I am having a bunch made for babe by a knitting goddess friend wich I plan on lanolizing and using during the day. I'm going to buy a few for nightime use and I was thinking about getting aristocrates. they have such a great reputation for nighttime use. Has anyone used longies?? Are the worth paying the extra $10. Any other favorite brands??

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I am making soakers, Ribby Wraps and longies for our baby and have every intention of using them exclusively from day one. We have loved using wool with ds and plan to enjoy using it some more.

Regarding soakers vs. longies, I have both, obviously, but soakers and Ribby's go UNDER clothing and longies can be worn ALONE. You need little shirts to go with longies, but the plain white ones they sell work just fine. It's just a matter of personal preference and how you end up dressing your child. If it were up to me, I would just use longies or shorts and have little shirts, but I already have a ton of clothing leftover from DS and imagine we'll get more as gifts so I'm prepared for wool covers under clothing as well. But as for why I prefer longies? Diaper changes are so much easier when you have just one thing to deal with instead of a cover and then clothes with a bunch of snaps.

Regarding your question about longies and newborns, sleepers are pants too and they work just fine so I don't know why longies wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I love using wool! i have no problem with soakers, wraps, shorties or longies. It just depends on what your needs are at the time. Yes Aristocrats wwork great at night, and they will last a good long time. I think you get more wear out of soakers because they don't out grow the length or rise as fast. I would keep a variety of styles on hand to try out. See what you like best.

·
Registered
635 Posts
pageta, what are ribbys? I plan on making some wool soakers and longies...just as soon as I finish the two projects that are already due to someone else. I can't wait to get started on something for my own little one! (I crochet, but I've also got some goodwill sweaters to recycle for soakers. And just yesterday I saw how someone made longies out of the sleeves of the sweaters. Cool!)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Ribby's are knit. The pattern is over at LTK. I think it's worth learning to knit just so you can have some of those - they're my favorite under-clothes diaper cover.

·
Registered
635 Posts
you are evil, pageta! that website you linked to is too cute! i want ten of everything! i may try to convert a pattern from knit to crochet just to try it, however i do want to learn how to knit.

BTW, we registered for staccinators, but i hear aristocrats are great.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
What kind of Stacinators did you register for? I like the stretch wool for under clothes/day time covers. I never had a problem at night either. I do NOT recommend the felted wool though. I call them the iron underpants. Not comfy, very stiff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.