Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shying away from wool because of the maintenance, but we've had lots of nightleaking lately (and wearing fleece pants to stay dry in the family bed is not a good summer option), so I used a felted wool cover that has been lying around my stash for a while now, untouched.<br><br>
It worked beeyootifully!<br><br>
Because it is felted, I tossed it in the laundry with my other dipes. Will that delanolize it? Is it possible to have wool and just treat it like every other dipe, tolerating the felting? I don't know if I want to deal with special wool soaps and lanolizing.....<br><br>
If there is such a cover, reasonably priced, who makes it?<br><br>
I'm still staying away from high-maintenance wool or any dipe that is too nice to be pooped on.....

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Washing with the diapers will de-lanolize the wool. However if its a nicely felted wool cover it may not need the lanolizing at all. I know some wool flannel I had used last year was so luscious and thick when felted that there was no need to lanolize so it could be washed with the diapers.<br><br>
That said, wool really is very low maintenance even with the special wool soaps (which you can get away with using baby shmapoo instead!) since you only need to wash every 2-3 weeks or when soiled and lanolize every 4-5 washes (I usuall lanolize every 3 mths).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts