Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay. I have some "dumb" questions about wool.

When people talk about felting,,,what is that?

When people talk about using old wool sweaters...do they mean nravelling them and reknitting or justcutting up?

When people buy wool, to make things lkike felted balls, etc, i am having a hard time picturing just what that means...the wool i mean...how do you shape it without , er, i don't know. I cannot wrap my mind around it...

any info/links would be sooo appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by numom499
okay. I have some "dumb" questions about wool.

When people talk about felting,,,what is that?

When people talk about using old wool sweaters...do they mean nravelling them and reknitting or justcutting up?

When people buy wool, to make things lkike felted balls, etc, i am having a hard time picturing just what that means...the wool i mean...how do you shape it without , er, i don't know. I cannot wrap my mind around it...

any info/links would be sooo appreciated.

Thanks

felting info
As far as using old sweaters, you can unravel the yarn or felt it and then cut it up. If you cut it before you felt it then it will come unravelled.
reusing wool yarn

felt wool ball
For the balls though, you use roving. I'm not sure if you can do with with the yarn.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.