Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've got my wool RB and contours. I'm ready to wash the contours and get them ready for the baby. Do I need to pre wash the wool cover also? And if so do I need to lanolinize it? Where do I buy lanolin? I didn't get washing directions with the diapers (I think she forgot to include them) I have two more wools on their way

Help!!!!!!!!! I don't want to ruin my wool

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
I think most wool covers come already lanolized. You shouldn't have to wash it, either. When you do wash it, use Eucalan and you won't have to relanolize it for a while. Some people never lanolize them and they work just fine. I guess it depends on the cover and how you wash it.

I have some Lansinoh left over from my breastfeeding days that I plan to use when/if I ever have to lanolize. But I have heard there is cheaper lanolin out there, I just don't know where to find it. Not much help, I know.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MissSugarKane
The first RB wool I got from Ann came with directions that said the covers have NOT been lanolized yet. I don't know if she has changed it since then but that was only a couple months ago.
Yes, this is what I got w/ my first order too. However, I have not lanolized every cover first thing and have had no problems.

I would wash the diapers first, but not the covers.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kasumi
FLick a couple of drops of water at your cover-then you'll have your answer-if it beads, it's ready to use!
I have to disagree with this. IMO the flick test really doesn't measure a cover's ability to withstand compression. My experience is that an unlanolized cover (even with a supersaturated diaper) will work just fine around the house without any clothes over it but will fail miserably after a carseat ride or overnight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.