Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. I know that wool is a great diapering material, both wool liners and covers. I have seen wool nursing pads and wondered how mommas like them?

I know this is not strictly diaper related, but I thought that since cd mommas know so much about wool, this would be the best place to get answers to this question.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
they are great!!! made from the softest wools, absorbent, don't feel wet.

one great plus is you only need 2 pairs, can let them air out between uses. also if you have cracked nipples (lets hope you dont) they are antibacterial so it stays off infection.

tabitha

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I have been wondering....the heavy leaking part. In those first few weeks I would soak a sposie pad in about 10-15mins. I got some flannel pads with windpro on the outer layer and those worked much better. But, I was wondering if the wool would be better in the first weeks or only work well once your supply has evened out.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I used pads that I knit from super soft merino wool from the dayt eh boys came home, and I have super leackage and they were always fine. Wool can absorb up to 30% of it's weight in liquid before it even begins to feel damp, so that's a LOT of leaking, LOL! Not sure where you can get them, but if you can knit you can do it yourself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.