Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a swab done (so I could either be proactive about treating me/baby/DH or relax about GBS) this past week and the results came back negative - I'm so relieved! One less thing to worry about - and it proves that once GBS+ doesn't mean you always are (of course).
Yay!
~Julie

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same thing happened to me this time!! I am so stoked. It is so great to prove the system wrong.
Did you do anything to get rid of it?
I just really upped my probiotic and chlorella and it worked.
HA! I am really happy for you.
Tricia

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
i have never been tested.

And I never plan to be.

there are dozens of bacteria within my body including my vagina, that are SUPPOSED to be there.

Its only when people are continually shoving their hands up someones yoni that GBS causes problems to the baby.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually cravenab00 it's not *just* vaginal checks or anything of the sort that causes GBS problems... it's a bacteria that is supposed to be/stay in your colon and not populate your vagina. I don't care where it is, but growing rampant in an area that it's not supposed to would be like getting thrush/yeast infection. I don't know anyone who just puts up with that. I was hospitalized at 8 days post-partum last time b/c the GBS infection entered my bloodstream (via the placenta wound site) and was making me septic with an extrordinarily high fever, etc. and it actually required IV antibiotics to take care of (and seriously, what a MAJOR pain to care for my new baby and myself at the hospital after having an awesome homebirth!!). It sucked.

So to each their own, but please, try not to rain on my happy news (especially b/c lately this board has been a lot touchy re: different views... if you don't agree, that's more than okay, but this is a light subject, so maybe state your opinion in a supportive way, or not at all).

Tricia... actually I didn't do anything at all to get rid of the GBS so that it was negative this time around (but it's been 2.5 years since the last baby) - I would have used garlic, yogurt internally (up there) and coloidial silver and a probiotic... but I didn't have to (wooohoo!). Last time I tried to get rid of it using a hibicleanse (it's a medical wash that is supposed to get rid of it), but it didn't work... part of that was b/c I think DH and I kept passing it back and forth though.

This and my blood sugars were the only thing I tested this pg... and both were clear as a bell. I really just have a big sigh of relief re: this b/c dealing with the added "what ifs" of + just stink. I wouldn't panic, but this way it's off my mind entirely. Yay!
~Julie

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hip Hip Hooray! Just wanted to tell you again.. that I am happy for you. I had the same plan as you... test and if I need to...test again. But we didn't have too!! Woo Hoo!
Just for the record...I only see a midiwfe 2 times during this pregnancy...once to get blood work mid pregnancy (Iam Rh-) and another time to bounce questions off of and ask about the GBS test...which she handed ME the test and told ME to go administer it....No other hands up my crotch.
I have had undue stress from being postive in the past and am tickeled pink that I have that off my brain.
Tricia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.