Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come home super ^%&ch to everyone. I am so not nice to the kids. I have // that much pateince. I come home to a trashed house most days so that makes it even worse. Plus I have to take this kid here, and that one there, and get groceries, and PTO meetings and board meetings, and soccer games, and I was trying to go to the Y but that isnt happening, and anything else you can imagine. Its like I am spinning in this worldwhin of stuff with no relief in sight. I want a housewife lol.. so when I get home my house is clean, dinner is waiting, all the bills have been paid, the groceries are bought, and a driver to take the kids to whatever it is they need to go to. DH works a weird shift so he is gone noon till around 11:30 and then he eats, reads email, games for a minute and sleeps till around 10 to do it again, so he doesnt have time either. Why cant a day have 48 hours?
:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I needed that. I so liked being a SAHM better, I was able to do my job, now I feel like I cant at all. I waste my day away at some place while my house gets messer, my kids dont see me, and I feel like I am constantly running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinas3muskateers
Thanks guys! I needed that. I so liked being a SAHM better, I was able to do my job, now I feel like I cant at all. I waste my day away at some place while my house gets messer, my kids dont see me, and I feel like I am constantly running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
:
Sing it sister!

I am a once again SAHM after 5 years in the workforce, and i will be going back again soon ...within the coming year (part time, mornings only while DD's are in school & preschool). I relate 100%. be kind to yourself, and don't try to "do it all' it is hard, but you have so much on your plate...try not to expext so much of youself. you are doing a fabulous job! Organization is the only thing that hepls me keep my sanity. Housework has a schedule and we all have "jobs" and they get done no matter what, that way, the onus is not always on mama, and the house never gets completely disaterous...only a little bit

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinas3muskateers
Thats the problem with us, we just toss and run. No one puts things away or picks up as the go along. Its toss toss dirty dirty out the door.
This is the one thing that saves me...seriously! My "clean as you go" method. plus everyone gets their own little jobs and it's not so overwhelming. It can start as simply as all dirty laundry in the laundry basket(s) then baskets in the laundry room first thing in the am. makes it really easy to toss in a load when you (or hubby)get a minute. Beds made in the morning, right away (it always strikes me a pointless if i wait til afternoon...i'm just crawling back in in a few hours anyway
) toys picked up before going to bed at night...rooms stay neater for the am
coats, shoes, boots etc put away as soon as you come in...the clutter can make you feel worse. just some simple things that literally become habit and take no time at all to do, they really can make a difference, especially when you are working outside the home and want to come home to some semblance of order.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bedrooms arent bad at all, they usually stay pretty decent. Its my living room, dinning room and kitchen... I could scream! I hate dishes. If I wasnt so worried about killing all the trees and filling up the landfills we would be 100% disposable around here lol

·
Registered
76 Posts

do you have a dishwasher? I have a no dishers clean counter/table rule here. dished in dishwasher..if they are in sink, wash them, dry & put away right away...take 5 min . after snacks meals wipe down counters & table, sweep crumbs...leave kitchen area clean before moving on. takes time to get used to, but it certainly works once everyone is on board.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I feel your pain. I too often return from work to find the house a disorganized mess and it drives me insane. Two other adults work in this house and they NEVER have to come home to any mess at all, because I'm usually here when they're working and it's unfair for them to come home to a messy house. But the sentiment is very rarely returned. I've often walked through the door from work, kissed and hugged my ds and then looked around and felt my blood pressure going through the roof. Maybe I should learn to relax more in this department, but I like things to be organized (I never stress about my ds toys laying about though, he's a child and they make a mess)

My partner often feels like a second child to me also. The man works complicated machinery at work, yet claims ignorance when it comes to washing machines and cooking food. And it makes me resentful towards him and I often feel like stamping my feet in frustration and asking him why my spare time is spent catering for his needs, instead of catering for my own. He's an adult, there's no excuse.

Right now is a perfect example. My ds is sleeping, I'm online looking at employment opportunities (yes, I'm also in here LOL) yet I'm up and down cooking for him. Arrrrgh. Ok moan over

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can so relate to the blood pressure thing. Yesterday when I came home I really thought my head was going to blow. I had to really hold back. And no I do not have a dishwasher, which totally sucks cause then at leat the mess would be hidden lol.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AHHHHHHHH see its happening again. I am in a mothers group. One of our mamas had a baby so we are all making meals for her. I was supposed to make my famous sauce with Penne for her... I FORGOT!! Today is my day! But I wont have time to make it because I have to go my husbands shop picnic. Too much stuff is going on and I cant freakin keep up.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I think that my possible problem is the fact that I'm something of a minimalist and have been since childhood. So when I enter through the door and there are 'things' on the sides in the kitchen.. the facial twitch begins LOL. In all honesty, it really isn't a mess by conventional standards, I'm just too darn structured. Surprisingly, I'm not with my son. He can leave his books on the bedroom floor, his toy cars everywhere and I don't get upset at all. Only thing that upsets me with the main living room is that it's wood flooring, so any bits on it are noticeable to me and that makes my face twitch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those individuals that constantly watches visitors to see if they are creasing the furniture, I'm not THAT bad lol. I want friends to feel comfortable in my home and put their feet up if they desire. But I do get upset when friends visiting, deliberately ignore my no shoes rule in the house. Especially since my ds is at the age when he will pop a piece of fruit into his mouth AFTER he's dropped it onto the floor and before I'm quick enough to stop the little rocket. Before I had a child, the concept of walking outside dirt into my home never concerned me much, now it does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.