Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>A Garden Ridge store just opened nearby. It's a big warehouse-type store with home goods and As Seen On TV junk, but I noticed in their book section there were a few alphabet/number/color workbooks. Some were Sesame Street or Word World or Fischer Price brands, which honestly I don't mind too much. They weren't large, maybe around 20 or so pages, and cost $1.99 each.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anybody seen these? Used these? Bought small workbooks for $2 and found them worth it for rainy days? I don't plan on anything formal for pre-school age, but I'm thinking they might be handy to have around, though my daughter's just 20 months currently. Thoughts?</p>

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts
<p>Do you live in/near Aurora, IL?  They just opened one there.  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For me, it hasn't really been worthwhile to have those books around for my 6yo (almost 7yo) son and so I packed them away in case they become worthwhile for my daughter (who just turned 2yo).  But I think it's one of those "depends on the kid" things.  </p>

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
<p>If you have a dollar store near you, check there first. Those sound like the ones I've seen there for $1 each :)</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts