Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I also work out of my home. I am curious if your work is flexible enough that you can do it later. I know it sound simple enough but I also know alot of times it isn't. I try to do most of my work in the evenings when hubby is home. I do graphic and logo design and newsletter layout for a non profit group. There are times when I have a deadline and there is no choice. But I try to plan things so I have flexibility to stop doing something and go be with the kids or go on an outing.

It doesn't always work out that way. Do you have another computer? At times whenthe kids are really into something I will take a couple of minutes to do a search for their topic on their computer and then let them play on the net while I finish up. It's not ideal but they are still learning and happy and I am still working, usually with less interuption so I finish faster.

Really I think it just takes a fews weeks of juggling to get good at it. I wouldn't worry too much. If work gets in the way these next few weeks you will have time to make up the missed lessons. And the kids WILL be interested in stuff again. Don't think of it as a missed learning oppurtunity, Think of it as a postponed one. After a couple of week you will have a smooth rythym and all will be good. I found it takes a little practice

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My kids love working on the computer. My 7 year old has become quite profiencient in an older version of Photoshop. He does some pretty detailed stuff. And my 5 year old can do amazing things with Paint. If your kids are into that kind of thing it is a great fine motor workout!

AM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.