Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on the LLLI page about local events, and there is NOTHING planned for the Triangle that's posted.

Anyone want to help me get together something to celebrate WBW? A potluck picnic? Anything??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, Jeni, I'd love to be a part of something for WBW! I haven't much time to do much (we are REALLY househunting right now), but a picnic or something like that sounds great!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
LLL of Chapel Hill, a.m., p.m. and Toddler Groups will gather to
celebrate World Breastfeeding Week. We will meet at Maple View Farms Homemade Ice Cream in Hillsborough. It will be held there on Sunday, August 20 at 4:30 p.m. Plan to bring your family and we'll play in the meadow and enjoy some yummy ice cream! Anyone bringing $50 in donations/sponsorships gets a free ice cream cone.

(this is pasted from an email I got, but I know the sender won't mind.)

We will be getting back from vacation on the 19th, but (seeing as I'm a leader in CH) we're planning on being there. Hope to see you then!

·
Registered
888 Posts
hey, pinky -- if you're the leader in CH can you add me to your email list? I will be there in a week and I didn't see any email addresses listed on the main LLL site (if you have an email list). It would be long distance to call anyone at this point. I'm not sure if LLL in Durham or CH will be closer but since DH is a huge ice cream fan I know he will be up for this! If there is a list let me know and I will PM you my email. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
LLL Cary is having a fmaily fair on Sat. Spet 16th in North Cary Park. I am helping plan it.

We have a bunch of vendors, a silent auction, a band, a kid's parade and face painting then a potluck lunch around noon. It will start at 9am and last until 2pm.

All are welcome!

This is my 1000 post! Woo hoo!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gunter:

I sure wish the local LLL groups would advertise stuff like this. I shop at Whole Foods, and I know so many local holistic/AP type moms and homebirthers and stuff, where are you advertising, or planning to advertise, about this?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Hey Jeni,

I sent it out to most of the yahoo groups that you and I are a part of about a month ago and I resent it to people who I heard back from recently. There is a post about it onthe HB meet up website, too. Sonya is really helping me out with stuff. Jillian, Rebecca, Jennifer Newall and others are helping out with it by donating goods or staffing a booth.

Feel free to add it to any lists or tell me where to do that. We just had to change locations as of June so we don't have any current flyers other that the vendor contract. Why don't you come to the Cary LLL, anyway? It would be good to know I could plan on seeing you at least once a month.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by plagio
hey, pinky -- if you're the leader in CH can you add me to your email list? I will be there in a week and I didn't see any email addresses listed on the main LLL site (if you have an email list). It would be long distance to call anyone at this point. I'm not sure if LLL in Durham or CH will be closer but since DH is a huge ice cream fan I know he will be up for this! If there is a list let me know and I will PM you my email. Thanks!
There are two groups in durham at least. You can go to them and Chapel Hill. I think that you will be in South Durham near me. If so, the Chapel Hill group meets not too far at all from us. I am actually going to there meeting place tomorrow for the Orange County API meeting. It's the fourth Friday, if you are going to want to join us!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunter
Hey Jeni,

I sent it out to most of the yahoo groups that you and I are a part of about a month ago and I resent it to people who I heard back from recently. There is a post about it onthe HB meet up website, too. Sonya is really helping me out with stuff. Jillian, Rebecca, Jennifer Newall and others are helping out with it by donating goods or staffing a booth.

Feel free to add it to any lists or tell me where to do that. We just had to change locations as of June so we don't have any current flyers other that the vendor contract. Why don't you come to the Cary LLL, anyway? It would be good to know I could plan on seeing you at least once a month.

I totally missed it. Very strange. Im glad things are coming together!! I got frustrated with the morning Cary group, mostly because no one ever seemed to care to get together. Ill think about it... as Id have to bring both older girls and make sure they werent getting into trouble because they were bored.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cool that there seems to be a bunch of stuff going on. Gunter, I'm sure I'll get a reminder about the Cary day's festivities since I have joined just about every email list that I could find!

ETA -- but DS's "boob man" and "will work for breastmilk shirts" are really getting snug -- I don't know that they will fit another month from now -- does this mean I *need* to do more shopping

1 - 11 of 11 Posts