Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please bear with me, as I am a first time mom and this may be a silly question. Our dd will be 7 mos. old this week, has always co-slept with dh and I, and is just starting to pull up and crawl. I'm worried now that she'll crawl over either my husband or I while we're sleeping (she sleeps in the middle) and fall out of bed. I'm not a very heavy sleeper and assume I'd wake up, but I can't help but worry anyway...what if I didn't wake up?<br>
Does anyone have advice dealing with this? Do we need to get rid of our bedframe?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have a bed rail on either side of the bed? My DS is 7 1/2 months and is also mobile, so we are in a similar situation. It has been our experience that DS has more fun waking up mommy or papa by climbing on us rather than climbing out of bed. However, the bed rail has made me feel better and I feel the peace of mind it offers is worth it!. I will be interested to hear how moms of older children respond to this, but for us...so far, so good! Good luck

·
Registered
643 Posts
I still cosleep with both of my boys (until the new baby comes anyway). I've never had one crawl over me and not wake up. If you are used to cosleeping, you will wake up.<br><br>
I usually sleep cuddling them as well though, so I wake up even if they move around much.

·
Registered
207 Posts
we dropped our bed to the floor and we have a bed rail.<br><br>
you <b>will</b> know when your little one is trying to get out of the bed. it's a "mama thing."

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
We have our bed pushed against the corner of the room, so the head and my side are against the walls. Dh is a VERY light sleeper, so he always wakes up if the baby crawls over him (which is very rare, they are usually going for nursies). The other thing we taught very early - as soon as they started crawling - was "on your tummy, feet first" Show them how to get off the bed and repeat this often. Also works for the stairs, couch, anywhere where they need to get down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts