Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all- i will need to be away from my babe for 2 days when she is 14 mo old. is there any danger she will not return to nursing after that length of separation? any suggestions to ensure she comes back to the breast? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much (it will be mostly up to her, afterall). You will want to pump or hand exress a few times while you are gone to prevent engorgement/mastitis, etc. I think that as soon as she sees you, she will want to nurse. As long as you let her, you will be fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Make sure she can take both bottle and breast <i>before</i> you have to leave. I left my three month old for a day and a half, everyone was perfectly fine and he went right back. Can't say what will happen with your daughter, but she'll be fine either way!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I work full time and DD takes a bottle while I'm gone and still takes the breast, she does get fussy at the breast when the milk doesn't come as fast as with a bottle, but if you don't regularly use a bottle, I don't think it will be a problem. When we just gave her a bottle randomly before I went back to work we never had problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts