Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I developed some nerve pain in my back after DS was born, just from holding him weird while I breastfed (until I figured out how to do it better), bending over at a weird angle for diaper changes (until DH and I bought a dresser at the perfect height for us to stand up straight and change diapers), etc. I resolved most of my ergonomic issues and the pain subsided over the period of 8 months or so. It occurred just inside my right shoulder blade, between the scapula and the spine, and felt like someone was holding an ice cube to my back right there.<br><br>
Anyway, I thought it had completely resolved, but the other night I held my friend's newborn for about half an hour, and felt that same exact nerve pain returning! So now I'm freaking out that I'm going to have to go through months of that once my babe arrives -- what can I do to stay pain-free?

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
err.... I forget, are you seeing a chiro?<br><br>
I get "baby shoulder" for a while, especially from cosleeping, and dh mainly does pain management protocols for me (it's impossible to get something to "heal" when it's being barraged with irritaion from unatural positions all day and night long).<br>
It does sound like you have a little nerve impingement going on though.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I'm sure this is only part of the problem, but when you hold the baby, have something like pillows or a Boppy in your lap. That takes a lot of the strain off of your neck and shoulders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts