Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two twins and a new baby due around next year im worried because when i had my twins my oldest was 9-10 ish so i did not have to worry. but these to are crazy they are HUGE mess makers and can get a little evil sometimes
any suggestions or stories on wht happened when u had a little one(s) trying to hurt the new
???? because they have both been centre stage for 3 years so even still they try to kill each other
so please help me out! my mom calls them the tornado twins lol

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
are you homeschooling the oldest? if not, maybe consider it, for the first year at least... she'd be a HUGE help keeping the little one safe and the older ones occupied. if that's not an option, maybe contact your local homeschoolers and hire a teen to come be a mother's helper for a few times each week, to take the twins to the park or do a craft with them or just give them some "center stage" time again.

my daughter cut her babysitter teeth on a very similar situation...

hugs, mama! you've got your work cut out for you!

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I didn't have twins, but I had a mean 2 year old when my older DS was born (she bit his foot so hard she drew blood).

My advice is to sling that baby and never let him/her go...at least you'll be able to protect the babe somewhat if he/she is never within their "range".

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My son was 4 when ds2 was born. From your sig, I thought maybe your twins would be 4 or almost 4 when the new baby cmes. My ds was 4 and 2.5mos. He handled it WONDERFULLY! He was a meanie sometimes at that age, but he loved his little brother dearly. He adores babies, though, still does, so maybe that was it. 4 year olds are old enough to know better and have some serious consequences if their mischief involves the baby. KWIM? (And no, I don't mean spanking.) There's a big difference in maturity between a young 3 and an almost 4 or 4 year old. My guess is that you'll do fine. Well, except of course, the 3 year olds will probably be bored and tearing through the house. At least they'll have each other to play with, right? Give them jobs to do, that would probably help/ My ds was going to Montessori preschool 5 days a week from 8:30-11:30. That helped a lot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
just wanted to tell you: my sister has twins and last year had another baby, they were just a little over three and it has gone really well, much easier than she thought. they call the new baby... their baby ( after starting off calling him "mommy's baby"(!)) anyway, it has been really good for her and they help alot with the baby. I'm sure things will work great for you too! good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.