Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have a friend who is 22 weeks pregnant with her 4th. Her previous 3 were natural hospital births and she would like to have a homebirth with this one.However, she had a bladder sling procedure done after her last baby in 2007 and is being told be the health department (were she is currently getting prenatal care) that they would want to deliver her at 37 weeks be c-section because of the bladder sling, but a supportive CNM in the area (does not do homebirths) said that that should not risk her out of having a home birth. She is going to be meeting with the homebirth midwife soon, but just wanted to hear what other people think?</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>My surgeon recommended c-section after Burch Colposuspension (similar surgery) but in the end it was my choice how I delivered.  It might depend on the midwife.</p>

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Not really a risk out situation as I know it, more a it is possible a vaginal birth will ruin work and need to be redone. So the doc Is thinking the mom would not want to have the surgery again, but pregnancy alone may alter how it functions..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts