Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or did I miss a warning somewhere?

I am just preparing for the eventual day and want to keep it NT friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking more along the lines of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate:

"Coconut Cream Concentrate is certified organic whole coconut meat in concentrated form. It contains no additives* (not even water). The dried coconut meat is ground into a very fine powder, giving it a creamy consistency due to its high fat content. Since it is 70% fat, it is a rich source of pure coconut oil. Note: this is a food, not a cooking oil."

It comes in a glass jar, and I eat it straight.

I have not been able to find any young coconuts here and the mature ones I find are rotten.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds good to me. I've been meaning to get some creamed coconut for ds to try. I was giving him Nutiva coconut oil mixed with banana, but it made him puke
. I guess it was too oily. Coconut is rich in Lauric acid, which is superb for brain development. Are you worried about it being allergenic? I don't think it is, but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just got my cream concentrate 2 days ago and I LOVE it. I keep making myself smoothies with it: 1 banana, 1ish cup of milk, 1tbsp or so coconut cream concentrate, and ice. I've been limiting myself to 2 of these drinks/day. Can it be kept at room temp? I put it in the fridge the first day but it got really really hard. Ohh, maybe a good first baby food would be mashed banana with the coconut cream concentrate? That would definitely turn me onto solid food anyways

·
Registered
864 Posts
i just ordered the cream concentrate today! i also got the coconut oil - more for my body than cooking though! my midwife says it is good to help against stretch marks and i love to put the oil in my bath! but i couldn't pass by the cream concentrate. Kristen, I will have to steal your recipe as that sounds so yummy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts