Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 19 months old -- by my count, this is his 3rd bout of pneumonia in his short life. He has had multiple other bouts with upper respiratory problems - diagnosed as "bronchiolitis" -- including at least 3 trips to the ER during his short life.

We now own a nebulizer and have a ready supply of albuterol on hand at home.

More info: DS is a triplet. Born at 34 weeks. He was 5 lbs at birth. He has no health problems at birth and had no stay in the NICU. He came home with me 5 days after delivery.

OK - that's the situation. Talk to me about food allergies . . . . and the role they may be playing with his continued sucseptilbity to upper respiratory problems.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would try cutting dairy out his diet. My opinion (and I am not an MD but a mother of two very allergic children). Dairy seems to be the culprit in a lot of chronic health problems. It may not cause the problem but can definitely add to it. Dairy is definitely known to increase congestion. See if cutting that out helps.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
I think there can be a relationship. We recently took ds to see an allergist who also specializes in respiratory illness, on the recommendation of our ped. ds has asthma and is susceptible to respiratory illness. He has a family history of allergies in his birth family. The skin tests came back negative, though, and we're still waiting for the RAST and IgE blood tests to come back.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI - We are off dairy -

And I also met with a homeopath last night who prescribed some remedies and bach flowers.

thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far - we seem to get little coughs/colds, etc -- but it doesn't do its usual thing and progress to bronchitis or pneumonia -- I have not been to the ped once yet! This is big progress for us!

I've also started them on homeopathic remedies per a locale practitioner . . . . so I'm not sure if its the no-dairy or the homeopath remedies . . or a combo -- but the results are good so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.