Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
I am suffering from dyshidrotic eczema on one finger. I am itching wildly one minute and in extreme pain the next minute. I have been on antifungals, steroids, protopic you name it. I don't know what's causing it but the Dr says it's a form of contact dermatitis....why it's nowhere else but on one finger I don't know. Anyway any kind of soap makes it 10x worse. I'm using a solution of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) and water but I'm worried this is not getting my hands clean enough. Does anyone know if this is an ok substitute for soap or alcohol hand washes?<br><br>
TIA!!!!!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Ouch, I know just what you are talking about. Do you know what you came in contact with that triggered it? That might help to choose a cleaner, if only so you don't end up getting another patch somewhere else. But truthfully, getting the area wet at all just isn't helpful. Any way you can clean around it without getting it wet?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'd try to do my best while keeping that bit dry. I can suffer from horrible eczema from time to time as well and I know how you feel.<br><br>
Have you ever looked into food allergies? It seems, to me, that many eczema issues are caused by those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts