Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is 2 wks old and I don't know what he weighs- I'm guessing 10 or 11 lbs. Most of his nb dipes are getting small already and he soaks them practically instantly. I'm so fed up wtih buying and trying. I'm about ready to sell everything and just get one size diapers, which I've never liked, but ds is growing fast and he's a super soaker, so one size might be my best bet. I don't want to stalk, so was thinking of Muttaqin's. What do you all think? Does anyone have pics of them on a younger baby?

· Registered
6,663 Posts
I know they fit from 8-35 pounds. I have one on the way but I've never used one before. I'm hoping they do work with a nb and older babies because if my ds doesn't potty learn before the new one gets here then I"ll have 3 in dipes.

· Registered
3,123 Posts
I love mine on my girls, but haven't tried them on a newborn. My youngest dd was around 14 pounds the first time she wore one and the fit was great. She was on the second rise setting, so I'm not sure how bulky they would be folded down to the first rise. Maybe try just one (there is one on the TP right now). Muttaqin is stocked regularly, so if you do like it, you can always get more!

· Registered
96 Posts
I'd also say try one or two before you dive in and make a commitment. I've never been a fan of one-size dipes myself...at least not for a whole stash. Ryan was/is a big baby too, about 22 pounds or so at 6 months. He was over 12 pounds a 1 month, and I've been using my medium Mudpies since pretty early on. I have both the original style and the MudPuddles/Ivy Rose. I can't say enough great things about them.

I used to buy like crazy for Evan, but at this point, I'd rather just have a bunch of what I know will work. It doesn't hurt that they're made beautifully and feel like little pillows, either.

Christine

· Registered
1,567 Posts
I plan on taking pics of my newborn in a SOS, Muttaqin and a Cuddlebuns (are there other one sizes besides ME OS?) tomorrow, so that may help you. She is much smaller, so if it works on her, it will work on him. I LOVE our Muttaqins for softness and comfort on our toddlers, so you won't be disappointed there.

I promise to post pics tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.