Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the threads on healing cavities through nutrition, and am wondering if raw cheese can be as helpful as raw milk.<br><br>
Raw cheese is readily available here in British Columbia, while raw milk is somewhat difficult and costly to obtain. I also have some reservations about giving it to a 1 year old.<br><br>
DD is approaching her 1st birthday and has a small hole in her front tooth, and it looks a bit brown to me. I have started giving her CLO and brushing with xylitol.<br><br>
So - raw cheese: good?<br><br>
TIA,<br><br>
Erin.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Yes definitely, if it is grass fed and truly raw. Some raw cheese is actually heated, not high enough for "pasteurized" temperatures, but does kill off some of the good stuff...probiotics and possibly reduces the vitamin content like pasteurization does. For example Organic Valley cheese that is labeled as raw here in the U.S. is heated. If it's aged cheese, the fermentation process increases the vitamin K2 content as well.<br><br>
Which CLO are you using? You need to be extra careful of getting enough vit. D in Canada being so far from equator you only make vit. D from sun on your skin less than half the year I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts