Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe just plain old aggressive? A friend of mine's co worker recently had a baby. My friend's husband talked to the father to be, and he seemed open to information and discussion about circumcision, so my friend sent them an e mail with info on circumcision and other baby stuff. She just found out they circ'd the boy anyways. I say she should send them another e mail, saying something like:

Quote:
Congrats on the baby, sorry to hear it's a boy.. when the circumcision gets infected/whatever feel free to contact me on how to help your son not lose the OTHER HALF of his penis.
I know that's not the best way to approach this.. but really, what would you do/say to someone who ignored your info and still mutilated their babe?
:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I don't mind a good snarky email. But maybe not the part about it getting infected. Because then if it doesn't, they'll just consider you a nut yk? Maybe a so sorry to hear about what happened to your precious baby email might be better? Let us know what you decide to send, if anything.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
I would acknowledge the fact they circed and it's wrong. I would probably write something like:

Quote:
Congrats on the baby. I hope everyone is doing well. Although I am sorry to hear that you still chose to circumcise your baby. I was hoping that once you were informed you would realize it was the wrong thing to do. And my sympathies to your son while he heals. I hope for his sake he heals quickly. whatever else she wants to say here...

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I certainly would not send any such thing to a co-worker in a work situation.

Leave work at work, unless your dh is willing to take a job complaint or has a personal connection with this person outside of work.

Jessica

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I certainly would not send any such thing to a co-worker in a work situation.

Leave work at work, unless your dh is willing to take a job complaint or has a personal connection with this person outside of work.

Jessica
ITA.

Julia
dd 11 mos

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with those above who suggest a friendlier approach. I have to admit, I love the "feel free to contact me on how to help your son not lose the OTHER HALF of his penis" bit, but it's probably better not to send something so snarky.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
It's water under the bridge, really. I don't think an email like that will do anything but convince them further than intactivists are wackos.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
It's water under the bridge, really. I don't think an email like that will do anything but convince them further than intactivists are wackos.
I agree, but I do like the premise.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, I'm not sending an e mail at all because I don't know the people, and she's not going to send anything that snarky if she does.

I guess I just felt like sharing my gut reaction (along with a wave of nausea!) with some other people who would understand.
:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:
and she's not going to send anything that snarky if she does.
It really could be considered harassment, being at work. I do agree with whoever said leave work at work. That's what I would advise your friend.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah. I just talked to her and she said she's not going to send them anything at all. She'll just let it drop.. which is the right thing to do. I know.

I guess what I was more trying to get at is how upset I personally get when someone who has been given the information on circumcision decides to do it anyway.
:
:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.