Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a cream colored Moby Wrap and was thinking of tie dying it.Do you think it would be too loud with it tie dyed or should I just leave it cream? I wanted something printed but since they only come in solids I was wanting to improvise :LOL

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Colorful carriers are awesome - there are plenty of bright funky wraps out there and a tie-dyed Mobe would probably look great! My only fear would be not getting it right, but if I had experience I would go for it!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I love hand-dyeing wraps. I started with a book called "Color BY Accident" and it's a great technique for hand-dyeing wraps. Batiking your wrap could prove a huge PITA unless you have a great outdoor space for laying out those 6 yards of fabric. Direct application dyeing in yoru bathtub would probably be a better choice. You could always batik just the center as a center marker though.

Kristi

·
Registered
389 Posts
I agree, if you know what you are doing then go for it! I actually took my natural colored Maya Wrap sling and tie dyed it at a friend's tie dye party last week, and actually because I stink it didn't come out so hot.

I tied the sling too tight and I didn't use a lot of dye and there was a lot of white left...and my color choices weren't so great either. I used purple and cobalt blue and green trying to get a nice swirl design and I got blotches of very vert dark dye like almost black where the purple and blue ran together.

If you can have a professional do it then I would have them but like I said if you are in the know about tie dye then go for it! Next time I will have Shelly of Tye Dye Dreams do a sling for me, she does the best tye dye I have ever seen. I love her stuff!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.