Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some prefolds that are fraying badly at the sides.

If I went and bought some fleece binding and sewed that on, would it help to get more life out of the prefolds ?

I'd serge them, but to catch the fabric, I'd lose at least 2" of the width, and I simply cannot afford to lose any !!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I used fleece to bind the edges of some prefolds that I turned into fitteds. It made a nice casing for the elastic. I'm sure it would work great for your purposes too. It won't unravel.

Moving this to diaper sewing . . .

·
Registered
992 Posts
I would do it! It won't affect the functionality of the diapers at all, and I bet it would be cute

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think the fleece sounds like a good idea, or if you want to use cute flannel prints, you could make bias tape from it and use that to edge the prefolds.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
fl

Quote:
annel frays though; which is why I thought of using the fleece.
It does, but it should be ok if you fold the edges under. Also, fabric frays less if you rip it IME, and you wouldnt necessarily have to do bias bands, I think on grain strips wrapped around the sides would work.

Fleece bind just seems expensive and bulky to me. But maybe not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.