Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A woman who's wash routine included using a Dreft and Allen's for detergent? Also, she used the dryer, instead of hang-drying. I know this kills the elastic. I'm supposed to go to her house at 11:00. What do you think?

Here's her CL ad: http://annarbor.craigslist.org:80/bab/1324317488.html

Help!

TIA!

· Registered
7,336 Posts
I have always dried all my diapers in the dryer and have no elastic problems. My issue would be the Dreft b/c I don't know if you can ever get that out. I have tried to rehabilitate Tide diapers and never could. Dreft is basically pink Tide so I wouldn't buy them.

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just called and told her nevermind

· Premium Member
10,578 Posts
If dreft is like Tide, I would definitely consider buying them. I use Tide to strip my diapers. (I have read that it causes repelling in some water- in my water, it seems to fix repelling, and definitely fixes the stinkies).
I'd ask if the elastic is springy, and probably want to see pics though.

· Registered
5,468 Posts
nope none of that would bother me (assuming the prices and such was fair didn't open the link) We used dreft for a long time before we discovered Charlies soap dreft is actually quite diaper friendly there is a wide misconception that it contains fabric softners ect and it doesn't its actually one of the cleaner rinsing detergents avaiable. Dreft other than Charlies soap was the only thing that fixed and prevented all my pockets and such from repelling. However it does contains fragrances and brightners I'd rather avoid on baby but nothig that would ruin diapers. Allens detergent is a commonly reccomended CD detergent. As for drying we pretty much always machine dried I had diapers in small rotation go strong for the full 4.5 years I used them and still are here today. Depending on where she is line drying can cause more damage. Where I am the heat gets soo intense line dried clothes left out go through far more damage than machine dried.

Deanna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.