Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you buy toys and/or accesories (hats, etc.) that were made from recycled clothing? Like a shirt that no one would wear as a shirt, but the fabric is in EXCELLENT condition - it becomes part of a cloth doll or a child's hat... I had a t-shirt that was adorable - colorful stripes, but I splashed something on it and couldn't get the stain out for anything. I made a really cute hat for DS out of it & get TONS of compliments on it.

I'm just feeling like it would be a great way to reduce waste. I would also only use natural materials - no poly, etc. KWIM?

BUT on the other hand, would you let your kids play with a toy that was made from an old shirt? :LOL I know I would, but I can see that maybe being an issue with some folks.

Thanks,

Laura

· Registered
599 Posts
I would and I'm sure many other people would too--especially cloth diapering folks as they are often concerned about the environment and you could play up the reuse part of reduce, reuse, recycle!

I think it's a good idea!

Good luck!
Holly

· Registered
2,050 Posts
I think it is a great idea.
I wonder if there are standards for resale items like that. I always see when something is made out of "all ne material" so it makes me think that there are some standards you would have to be aware of.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
I think it's a great idea! I know a woman who buys and resells children's antiques and collectibles, and she has this *adorable* line of dresses made from vintage tableclothes - SO CUTE! I love stuff like this - I would definately buy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.