Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going for a HBA2C this time around. My MW does not do u/s. I am ok with that but I am debating getting one just to be sure there is only one babe in there. If it was twins or something, I am more comfortable with my history, doing a hospital. So would you get a u/s or no?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
eh, i would skip it. there are lots of other ways to tell if there are twins.<br><br>
but that is just me. i am not going to be getting an ultrasound.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
With twins you would usually measure ahead quite a bit and THEN if the midwife said it seems like twins I might go for an u/s.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm debating the same thing. Will you be doing doppler checks? It seems 2 heartbeats would be heard if it was twins.<br><br>
I'd say wait until you have a little more "evidence" that it might be.<br><br>
((HUGS)) and best of luck!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
If that's your only reason for having an u/s, probably no.<br><br>
I'm considering having one to find out the sex. Is that bad? :p

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I have an irrational fear of a specific birth defect (it was worse with ds, but it's still there with this pregnancy). That's enough to get me to have an ultrasound.<br><br>
With 2 previous sections, there is also the slightly increased (not bad, just there) chance of a previa or accreta. That's something I think I'd like to know.<br><br>
But, for other people, if they didn't have symptoms, then they might not want to know. I just think it's what you personally feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
If twins are the ONLY reason you'd want an U/S, then yeah, I'd skip it unless your MW suspected more than one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts