Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking as a new mom on the brink of starting solids with her baby.. DH and I have no food allergies, but I have seasonal allergies and he has severe GERD. Some seasonal and other digestive problems run in his family. So far ds hasn't reacted to anything I eat through my milk, but I eat a mainly vegan diet (some by-products may slip in to processed foods but really not much). I've read through some of these posts, the archives, and the healing the gut archives, and so far my plan is to introduce things slowly: first vegetables, then fruits, then meats, then grains. I planned to hold off on starchy veggies and fruits as well as the other top eight but i'm not sure how long i should wait. i also want to try my hand at the fermented selection..<br><br>
so my question is, knowing what you know now, what advice would you offer to me?<br><br>
i also wanted to add that we are only continuing the hib series and synagis for vaccinations, but i do have to be careful about him getting sick because he was 12 weeks early. also, i have had to supplement a little with neosure.<br><br>
thanks!

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
My husband and I have seasonal allergies (mine are pretty mild) and 2 out of my 3 kids have food intolerances.<br><br>
Does your DH's GERD have a cause? After being on a reflux for kids forum, it seemed like most of their reflux went away as soon as they figured out what foods were causing it (so was it really reflux? or was the reflux just a symptom of the food intolerance?). So is it possible that a food is causing DH's GERD?<br><br>
I think avoiding the top 8 for a while is a great idea. And going slow and keeping a journal also helps. Note any changes in sleep, how much they drink, rashes, poop changes, etc. and take that food out and put it back in again. If I'd done that with my DD right when I started solids, I wouldn't have had to do an elimination diet with her at 14 months old. So that's probably the best advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts