Mothering Forum banner

Would you let your child out of the house completely naked?

4016 Views 69 Replies 64 Participants Last post by  Heffernhyphen
Or just wearing undies or a diaper?
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
No... she needs a tshirt to protect her from the sun.
But we go in the backyard nekkid from the waist down all the time. And I dress her in a tshirt and diaper a lot... gotta show off the groovy cd's!
See less See more
Probably not naked (at this point--- 3.5 & 6) but what *would* the issue be only in bottoms?
Every day. :LOL At least one of my kids is outside nakey.... usually the baby. But, my 3 year old has been known to go outside in pink underwear and glittery pink high heels... and he's a boy.
: He's my baaaaby. and I love him. The penis is still firmly attached. Pink does NOT make boys lose their penises.
See less See more
Yes, but the 6 yr old is just developing some elementary modesty, so probably wouldn't want to. The younger two, defenately. In the summer we sometimes fill the baby pool with bubble bath and let them swim around in that naked instead of a bath! They have sooo much fun! this is in the backyard. I wouldn't do it in the front, because the road can be busy, and I get worried that some freaky pervert might see them!
In the backyard but not to the grocery store or anything.
If we had a backyard that was private, then yes, I would let them play outside naked.

But, when we go out they have atleast diapers/undies on.
as soon as our front door is open you can bet dd is standing on the front porch butt nekkid~ :LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by kavamamakava
In the backyard but not to the grocery store or anything.
:LOL
yes, on a regular basis, much to my uptight neighbors' dismay, I'm quite sure. actually, i require my 6-yr-old to at least have panties on.
:LOL life would be so much easier if EVERYONE was naked.

Seen this thread and thought back about 5 months ago..
DD (2.5) went outside the front door when I went to check the mail. She of course was all-natural as she is everyday while in the house with me... on my way back up the driveway I see her climbing into the tree. There she stood, butt naked 3 feet off the ground telling me.. 'look mommy, I like to hug the trees, and Im naked too' :LOL
Naked in the backyard, when he wore diapers we would roam the neighborhood in them but now that he wears underwear I feel some level of decorum is called for, so we try to wear pants on the street.

Funny story, BTW - once I saw a kid about 3 or 4 walking down the street wearing his underwear, a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and a holster. He had a toy gun in his hand. He looked like he was really happy with what he was wearing. It was a great outfit, especially the holster over the underwear - but the funniest thing was his mom, who was walking a few feet behind him. Her expression was the greatest combination of amusement and embarrassment. :LOL I remember that mom whenever DS wants to wear his bike helmet to a restaurant or something.
See less See more
2 and under I would within the yard, over that age though then I try to teach more modesty.

However in this neighborhood with 121 sex offenders living in it, I keep my kids away fromt eh windows when changing when I can! {{eek}}
At 4 1/2 there is still some nudity in the yard, in her best friends yard and for water play at both homes. I have finally taught her that she needs to choose between sitting with her legs sprawled open and not wearing underpants.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kama'aina mama
I have finally taught her that she needs to choose between sitting with her legs sprawled open and not wearing underpants.
That would be a tough choice!
Oops... *I* don't go in the backyard nekkid from the waist down... just my baby.
:
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by thismama
Oops... *I* don't go in the backyard nekkid from the waist down... just my baby.
:

sure.....

ETA: I forgot to answer! DUH! When its warm outside dd is in just a diaper quite a bit. I try not to do that too much when its cold outside because we keep the heat on kinda low. She would definitely prefer no clothes though.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.