Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you like to get <a href="http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=210&f=12620&q=coasters&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1" target="_blank">this</a> as a gift from your nanny, complete with adorable pictures of your baby? If no, then what would you suggest? I'm also getting the baby some books. Thank you!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like the idea - I love gifts that are functional. I'm not sure how old the baby is, but my DD (11 mos) systematically clears all tables of coasters, magazines, remote controls, anything her little hands can reach. But those look pretty sturdy and would hold up if dropped to the ground. I think it's a very thoughtful gift.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
From a nanny? Yeah, that would be awesome. I used to nanny and I'd take pictures of the kids and do stuff with them for holidays. Parents always appreciated it, having pictures taken by someone else is always a fun surprise.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! What other kind of stuff would you do with the pictures?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If I got one that I loved, I'd blow it up to 8x10 and frame it, just an inexpensive frame from Ross or something. But sometimes busy parents don't get around to blowing up pictures and framing/matting them, so they always liked it. Or I'd just get the cheap clear acrylic frames and put pictures in there. For an artsy hippie family I did a collage kind of thing with water color and posterboard, they really liked that.<br><br>
I really like taking pictures, and when I was a nanny for a family of small children I dressed them up in coordinating outfits and took them to a grassy field and took 'family' pictures of the kids one day. Again, the family was really busy and appreciated the time I took to do that. I really like taking pictures, so it was fun for me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts