Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I sent out the invitations for my DD2s birthday party via Facebook (everyone has a facebook account, so we got to save paper :)  ).  We were going to do a no gift party but our family is big on that and I didn't want to take the tradition out.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know alot of people will get DD clothes, which I don't mind because she needs clothes.  She has a polyester allergy/sensitivity though, and gets little red bumps wherever the polyester touches her.  It looks itchy.  Should I make a note of this on the invitation?  </p>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
<p>As a guest, I would want to know so if I chose to buy an article of clothing I wouldn't want to purchase her something that she couldn't wear and that we'd have to return. If it's a small group of people you're inviting you can always tell them verbally.</p>

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
<p>Absolutely.  I am the first one to be critical of things, but I don´t think that is out of place at all.  If I were an invitee, I would truly appreciate being told and, conversely, would hate to have bought a present for a child containing something the child is allergic to.</p>

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
<p>I would definitely mention this on the invite! I would want to know as a guest trying pick out a gift.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts