Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Ya know I think our sleeping arrangements will always be changing to adapt to our dd's needs.

I
the idea of co-sleeping but I'm not sure that it is what's best for us all the time. It seems that my DH and I wake our dd up more often then the other way around. I also end up contorting my body into all kinds of crazy positions to ensure dd's comfort and find myself waking up in the morning with a stiff neck and sore back.

SOOOO.....for us the compromise has been that dd starts the night in her own space (co-sleeper was next to our bed...now it's a few feet away) and then comes into our bed after her first waking....which can be anywhere from 2-6 hours.

Right now she has a cold so she is sleeping best if she can be upright so that's in the swing in her room (which ajoins ours) with the vaporizer going (DH couldn't sleep with the vaporizer going in our room).

A few weeks ago she went through a phase where she was sleeping REALLY well in our bed so we went with that while it was working.

Not exactly sure what the point of all my
is. I guess basically that we all need to be flexible and do what works best for our families (as long as it doesn't involve CIO...that makes me so sad
) so we can all get a good night's sleep!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.