Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted recently about a carrier for my 2 yr old who want up/down/up/down/ Most people reccomedned ring sling or short wrap. Would anyone use a pouch? (that is like a Hotsling, right?)

thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
I love using hotsling style carriers with my toddlers. Lightweight, not hot, poppable. I would avoid a deep-pouch style carrier like the New Native, though, as it would be harder to get the baby's bum high enough to avoid strain on your back. It's even more important with big toddlers to make sure their bum is at your bellybutton so the center of gravity is high.

·
Registered
684 Posts
To be fair, I haven't tried a pouch since my DD was a baby. But I don't think I would like it. I like to be able to adjust and customize the fit of my carriers, which is why I like woven wraps and ring slings, which are almost infinitely adjustable. I don't think I'd find something comfortable that is one static size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would! I've got a Hotslings AP and use it all the time for DS (16mo). I plan to keep using it for short carries, and for want-up-want-down, until he no longer wants to be picked up. Of course, the AP is a bit more flexible size-wise. Maybe people who recommend a RS/wrap are thinking more about the time the child outgrows it.

And for the record, I love RSs and wraps too (although I've not tried a short one).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.