Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... If we (meaning all of us who post on Single Moms) lived near enough to one another to be able to get together on a regular basis and just commune together with our kids? Honestly, I just feel more comfortable expressing myself to most of you than I do to anyone IRL, including family members and my counselor! Having this online community is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but the IRL community would be awesome as well...

Just a musing for a Saturday (i.e. I'm trying to avoid doing my homework!).

Tabitha

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I agree...it would be wonderful!

Too bad we weren't all so poor, we could have a yearly "irl reunion" sort of thing.

Granted, with my living in Holland, that would be a little more difficult. Although, I have a very large house and anyone wanting to fly to Holland ALWAYS has a place to stay with me!

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Yes! What a dream!

It seems like I never meet single mamas around here *at all*, let along single AP, gentle disciplining mamas. And I definitely feel like the mamas that I was building a bit of a community with are drifting a bit since stbx and I split.

I'm getting so desparate lately that I've even thought about posting a WANTED sign at the local Whole Foods...

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
If I win the lottery....my vote is Holland. If not, Canada works for me.....we could all camp out in my backyard!

i'm close to the canada border can i come and play too?
maybe minnesota should succeed from the union and join canada. just a thought.
maya

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
More than big enough for everyone! So, please, come on over!

What a dream that would be, having a whole house full of wonderful single, AP mamas! We would have the Dutch men drooling and lining up outside my house. Dutch men LOVE foreign women!!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holland73
We would have the Dutch men drooling and lining up outside my house. Dutch men LOVE foreign women!!!

Okay, now we're going to Holland for sure!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Toledo....

that was a joke because it seems all of you live in really nice places and I'm stuck in the armpit of the US. Actually I used to live in Orange County, CA. I've also lived in the Bay Area (Walnut Creek and Los Gatos). I've lived in Portland, OR, Ann Arbor, MI and Leelanau County MI (and briefly in Chicao).

I just ended up back in Toledo because I was born and raised here and this is where my family is. After my daughter was born I moved back here to have the support of my mom and sisters.

Can you understand why I really would like to go to Holland???!!! Or Canada or anywhere!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts