Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, A friend of mine had her third baby boy this week. We spoke alot during this pregnancy. She said she wanted to bf this one (didn't the others due to Docs claiming she had no milk, couldn't cause she had pitocin, etc.) but I admit I doubted it cause she showed interest in LLL with me but always backed out. Anyway, she is breastfeeding. The nurses tried to give him a bottle and she said NO. A lac consultant came in who happens to know me in passing and told her alot . Another rare helpful nurse told her to IGNORE the other nurses and then helped her with latching issues, etc. She was shocked that the crap I told he rabout really went on, that she was told so many lies. I am not sure if she circumcised this one (afraid to ask), but she even denie the HEp B vax so right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am shocked, someone actually thought what I was saying made sense and is searching for their path now!

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Way to go, mama!
:bf

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
woo hoo!!!

Quote:
couldn't cause she had pitocin
What is that??? They actually told her that? Unbelieveable!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I really believe that a mother's experience in the hospital GREATLY effects her chances of nursing. You can't very well have health care professionals tell you how your breasts don't work, aren't gonna work and get off to a good start. It's great that you could be her support and that there were so many others supporting her.

Way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts