Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through my chart at the MW on Monday, and I realized that we hadn't discussed my Toxoplasmosis Status. I grew up with indoor/outdoor cats. The longest I went without cats was 3 years in college. I do NOT have antibodies for the disease.

Now, my kitty has NEVER been allowed outside. She's an indoor only cat, so she "shouldn't" have the disease or be a carrier, but you never know. It just surprised me that every HCP I've had has said not to worry b/c I've always had cats, so I should be immune. Uhhh... guess not! My MW DID tell DH that the cat box is his job wether I am immune or not. She wasn't particularly nice about it either.
That was before the bloodwork.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not part of the regular screen unless you say you have cats, and both sets of MWs that I saw this PG and the ones I saw last PG asked specifically about all pets in the household. I asked them to be certain to screen for that b/c I wanted to know. We were supposed to have the screen last time, but those MWs never talked to me about it either and DH had already started the cat box duty, so it wasn't really an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.