Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our second u/s yesterday, because at our first she didn't have enough to date the pg. I am 9w3d, and we saw our little peanut! Everything looks great, and we heard the heartbeat. He was moving his little arms up a storm in there. As she was finishing up and looking at the rest of my uterus, I heard her say oh what do we have here?

DH and I looked over at the screen, and there is another little baby sitting in there!! We have fraternal twins!
:
: They both look great, and we are just excited and shell-shocked all at the same time. We didn't use fertility treatments, so this was a major shock to both of us. Although my mother's grandmother did have four sets of fraternals, and my grandmother was a fraternal twin. So, it turns out that I had very good odds of hitting the twin bandwagon. But who honestly would have thunk it?

Brandy

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
OMG! What a huge surprise! I love the "oh, what do we have here"
And what wonderful news they are fraternal -- much less complicated and risky than identical twin pregnancy.

I must admit... I am getting a bit jealous of all these twin pregnancy announcements on our DDC
Is there something in the water?

Enjoy and congrats!!
:
:

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, and I just noticed that you need to add an extra baby smiley to your siggy

·
Registered
709 Posts
yahoo!!! how exciting!!! I'm so glad for you guys. Your family is growing by leaps and bounds!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Wowie! Oh my, what a surprise that must have been!
: I'm so glad your husband was there to share in that moment with you!
:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks ladies! I am glad my DH was there too- otherwise I don't think he would've believed it. There is a 2 min pause on the u/s while the dr was convincing him that yes there are actually two babies in there.
He was very cute.

As far as signs, I had ms set in at 10 dpo. It was the reason I tested early, and I had a very dark HPT for 10 dpo. My stomache is already popping at 9 1/2 wks, and my symptoms are just hugely exaggerated.

Brandy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.