Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yeah, I read this in Salon. The comments people were making were so awful. I really feel badly that so many women have so much contempt for such an amazing part of the body. I feel badly for their babies as well.

I told DH about the idiotic comments and he was horrified as well.
:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinsmama
Great minds think alike
Something wrong with those people!
OKay, who copied who?? We posted at the same time!!

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:
"I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."
Guess he never watches television, passes by Victoria Secrets or eats at Hooters, huh?
:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old."

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
She recalls with a shudder the time she sat nursing in a restaurant booth, and another woman walked by, glanced over and said, "Ugh, gross."
I had this before. My response was
"snort, Get a life".

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
I showed DH the cover. And he's like. Lemme guess the story below is all

"OMG A BOOB A BOOB OMG WE ARE ALL GONNA GO TO HEEELLL!!! OMG OMG A BOOB! AAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

And I go "yup that's about it."

he laughed.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114
"OMG A BOOB A BOOB OMG WE ARE ALL GONNA GO TO HEEELLL!!! OMG OMG A BOOB! AAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

\.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
One mother who didn't like the cover explains she was concerned about her 13-year-old son seeing it.

"I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."
Pretty sad.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Quote:
"I was SHOCKED to see a giant breast on the cover of your magazine," one person wrote.
: I'm sorry but I just had a mental image of a little old blue haired lady sputtering this one out.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRED
: I'm sorry but I just had a mental image of a little old blue haired lady sputtering this one out.
It's.....it's.....ATTACK OF THE GIANT BREAST!!!!!!
:
:

Everybody

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
That was so sad to read ... I feel especially sorry for the little baby of the mom that said

Quote:
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Ok, I know it's totally OT, but did anyone else notice that they referred to Tom Cruise as Katie Holmes' husband? Makes me wonder what other "facts" they misrepresented.
:

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
It seems only a few issues ago half of us wrote them hate mail and swore never to read that "trash"

So how do you word a letter that is supportive of their cover but still stern about their content, WITHOUT saying "I will only read your mag if it has boobies on the cover"

1 - 20 of 43 Posts