Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
must've missed the threads...whats the awesome thing about the dishwasher...??

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put the diapers in w/o anything else. My dw is about to overflow with all the suds. I really wasn't expecting THAT much!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Are you using laundry soap or dishwasher soap?

Handwasking dish detergent is way sudsier than either laundry or dishwasher soap, but I don't know how laundry and DWer detergent compare.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, not using anything-no detergent, no soap, nada. I just put the diapers in wet and turned on the dishwasher. I am on the 3rd wash cycle and still getting tons of suds. Not as much as the 1st time, but still a lot.

When I wash dipes in the washing machine, I use either Charlies or Sun. I have used Dawn a couple of times. I always check the rinse cycle and there are no suds. I didn't think I had any buildup for that reason, but I was obviously wrong!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Holy carp thats alot of suds!!! I need to find someone with a dishwasher so I can try and fix my diapers....im so sick of sposies, but stinky diapers and morning sickness dont mix!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That is CRAZY! I'm scared to try it because I picture my diswasher overflowing with suds and me frantically trying to mop them up, like an I Love Lucy skit.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
this thread is giving me hope....must try the dishwasher with our stinky dipes.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put them in wet b/c I read something about the dipes being so absorbant that if you put them in dry they will absorb a lot of the water and the dishwasher could overheat or catch fire.

For the clean ones, I just ran some water over them in the sink and stuck them in. For the dirty ones, I washed them first, then put them in straight from the washing machine.

I am on Round #5 and still getting suds. DH suggested ringing out the dipes between cycles, so I started doing that.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
That is the best diapering photo I've seen in a while.
What a fab idea. Glad it worked out for you. I'll have to keep it in mind!

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
ok..here's my stupid question of the day..

I have an automatic jet dry dispenser...is it gonna jet dry my dipes in the rinse??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts