Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been passing up this area for along time now. I just didn't know where I really stood with circ. My DS is almost a year and was circ'd. Unfortunately I was one who thought: It will just be easier if he looks like DH. Now I want to cry. SO far he isn't showing any complications but I fear for the future. I know that my DH isn't aware of any complications with his own circ but I am sure there are some including sensation issues. When I am loaded with facts I will probably talk to him about it. If we have another son in the future I will definately be against circ-ing. Why the heck do people let society dictate what they do???????

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
"Why the heck do people let society dictate what they do???????"

Maybe because it's easier to be a follower, then it is to be a leader. Being a leader requires careful and deep thought. Being a follower requires none IMO.

I am glad you are finally getting educated about it for the sake of your future children.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Kudos to you for doing your research now. It's never too late to know better and then do better.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome aboard this forum. We're all getting educated and working towards a future where this is not even an issue for parents to deal with.

Isn't it great that the "search" feature is now back on???? Yayyyyy
Baybee

·
Registered
232 Posts
congratulations. Its an amazing revalation when you finally get to see the truth behind somthing that has been kept from you for so long. I dont know exactly what it would be like to come to that realization after i had son who was circumcised. I am very thankful to have learned about circumcision before i had a son. My wife and i decided long before my daughter was born that if she had been a boy we would have left him whole. I dont even know you but i just feel that you need a big hug right now. I can only imagine how i would feel in that situation and i dont like thinking about it. As a many guys do, i tend to turn my sadness into anger so i would probably be pretty flamed that i was lied to by so many people. Anyway, there is lots of imformation here to prepare yourself for the future and this is a very welcoming forum so stick around and take care.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I'm glad you're here. Mamas who have circ'ed a son and then learned the truth make the best intactivists, so please stick around. Spread the word in real life too.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

The thing about circ it that it is a "complication". No good can come of it - only sexual disfunction at best.

Be gentle with DH. It will be hard for him to hear...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Now that the search function is back, one thing you can do is search for threads with title like "One circ'ed and One intact" or "How do I convince my dh not to circ?" There will be lots of good advice in these threads.

The founder of NOCIRC, Marilyn Milos, circ'ed her own boys! She had them back in the 70's when almost everyone was doing it; it was a routine procedure back then and she thought nothing of it. Well, when her boys became older, she went back to school for her nursing degree. As a student nurse, she witnessed her first circumcision and was so horrified by what she saw that she founded NOCIRC. The good news is, she now has intact grandsons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts