Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me this advice as Hamish seemed to not like being in a wrap. As much as I love my ring slings - and as handy as those do come....I really do prefer a wrap cause it really leaves my hands <i>very</i> free!...<br><br>
So - try...instead of tying on the wrap first and then putting baby in...put baby on first and tie wrap around them. ( really put centre panel around your front, cross over shoulders and then hold baby to chest and cross over baby as should be - tying off as you normally would...if you are clever you can then put the centre panel over them across their back as well - does that make sense? lol)<br><br>
Hamish seems to prefer this so far and has been in the wrap all morning so far - apart from a few feeds! Woop!...Also means he has many more good sleeps too cause he really likes to be snug to sleep but doesn't like to be put down - and he can't get a good stretch of sleep on me <i>out</i> of the sling if I am having to move about and do stuff - which I am having to do! (as much as I would love to just sit on the sofa and let him sleep on me for hours - no can do second time around! lol) So this is working great for both of us!<br><br>
Its a bit fiddly to do - but real easy. I really don't know why this is working better...the fit turns out the same but there you go! lol

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
This is the only way I know how to wrap Cecilia. It works well for us and the upright froggy-legged position is the only one she likes to be in. Another thing you can try to make it easier is swaddling the baby first, then wrapping. The only concern I have for that, thanks to where I live, is the heat level with the extra layer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts