Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span>I'm not pregnant yet but for my next baby i want to get a decent sling rather than a pram as i think it's pointless spending money on a pram i probably won't use but i want to know which is best a wrap type carrier or a ring sling? or should i be greedy and get both lol.</span>

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have both, but I prefer my ring sling over the wrap. The wrap was too warm for me to wear, particularly in the summer months as both DS and I became too hot. I have a linen ring sling that I've used since he was 8 weeks and continue to use with him now at 12.5 months. It's my personal preference.<br><br>
With that said, if DS had been a late autum/winter/early spring baby, I may have enjoyed the wrap more. The biggest drawback to the wrap was all the wrapping for me. I can hold DS and throw the sling over my head with the other arm, but I can't say the same for the wrap.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I, on the other hand, would go with the wrap. I cant get my sone to be happy in the sling at all, and have heard the same from other moms. He is completely peaceful in the wrap.<br>
That said, yep..he was a December baby.<br><br>
I would suggest getting both, and seeing which works best for you both.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
it's a very personal choice. you'll find as stated some like one over the other so you may just have to try them both. i HATE, HATE the ring sling. a hotsling i can handle now that DS is 7 mos old but i didn't really care for that when he was too young for the hip carry. on the other hand I LOVE the wrap.

·
Registered
882 Posts
It depends on what you feel is comfotable and what baby feels is comfortable. My son hated laying on his back, and I felt like I had to keep one hand on the sling when I bent down, etc. So Sling was out. We did a baby wrap, I bought 5 yards of t-shirt like material, cut it in half long ways so I had two 5 yard long strips, and had two wraps. Leave one in your car, and one in the house. Here is a link on how I wrapped.<br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44snbbszTps" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44snbbszTps</a><br>
Baby loved it as he was close and snuggly, I could put it on before I left for errands, and it took only a second or two to put him in it. It was WAY comfortable, I still use it occasionally and he's 20 mo and 30 lbs. He was 9lb 8oz at birth. Also it was good for breastfeeding too, and I don't think I could figure out to BF in sling, I know it may very well be possible, but I'd keep this in mind.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<span>i may have to just buy both then here thanks for the excuse to spend more loll<br>
thanks for the link AustinMom, i was a little worried about difficulty with a wrap but it looks so easy on that vid.</span>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts