Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been daydreaming, as my baby often falls asleep while upright on my chest in the rocking chair, of just being able to strap her on while still asleep and get up to go about my business. She will sleep in the pouch sling that I have, but if I try to put her in it while she's already sleeping, it disturbs her and then I need to soothe her to sleep again...... is there any carrier (a stretchy wrap maybe?) that would allow me to keep her as is while I get up?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Almost any carrier, including a wrap, will allow you to do this. Have you tried wrapping baby on, or settling her in her pouch, before you sit down to rock her to sleep? Also, you can combine carriers -- some mamas for example find a pouch is great for putting babies to sleep, but not great for long-term wearing during the nap, so they'll wrap a wrap over a pouch. Or whatever combo is suitable. Also, you might try stepping into your pouch rather than pulling it over your head. A stretchy pouch like the slingset would be useful for that, though they wouldn't keep baby up high like you're describing.

HTH!

Kristi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts