Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is a foster mom, hoping to adopt her 2 yr old, she has had her since 2 days old, she already adopted the half brother about a year ago. the TPR for her is about to go threw, they found the father about 9 months ago and no way he is able to parent her, fathers mother tried for custody but was denied, now 2 great aunts and a cousin this month have come out of some place, while i useally would support a child going to family, my friend is this babys family she is the only mother she has ever known and family.<br><br>
they are doing a bonding assesment on friend and her family to see if she should stay with them i guess ( i really don't know what all this means.)<br><br>
Well friend said that they may need some letters writen on their behave, i would love to do this for them, but i am not the best at writing i have no idea what i would need to say any help on what they would be looking for maybe a place for an outline for a letter would be great<br><br><br>
thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
I think it is nice that you are willing to help. In order to be helpful it might be a good idea to do some more research on attachment, so that your comments are helpful. I'm assuming it wouldn't be very helpful to just say my friend is a really nice person, yada, yada!<br><br>
Look in the adoption resource sticky. There are some good links on attachment in there. Think about what you think "looks like" good attachment between your friend and the baby. Do a little more homework and I bet you will write a great letter!

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
before my computrer crash i had links to helping write adoton references --<br><br>
i would look that up<br><br>
also ... maybe get out a basic Sears Book on Attanment -- and look for points to note and discuss in your freinds relationship with with the girl? like an apblity to mirror back tot he child their feelings and discuss feeling = behavior or something.<br><br>
buti would talk from the heart abut your freinds love and attachemnt and how they are a family too<br><br>
Aimee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts