Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2.75 year old is on the floor of the kitchen bawling and tantruming because I refused to pull down her elastic waist shorts for her to go potty. Where did this come from? She's been out of diapers since shortly before her second birthday and pulls down these kind of pants ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I have indulged her but it's not always practical. I have another kid here.

Just a little vent here. She's really loosing her cool. She just started throwing toys.

I'm trying to act like nothing is going on.

She just pulled down her pants and went on the potty without incident, wailing the whole time. She has now laid down on the kitchen floor to continue to wail.

Not hungry. Just had nap. ???

·
Registered
505 Posts
LOL I have moments like this every freakin day. Especially with my 15month old. He will lose his marbles over the slighest thing and has no patience at all. Mostly it cracks me up to see him get so pist over something trivial but some moments I just want to join the land of the logical thinkers.......for just a day!
And BTW, my 3 year old has also peed on teh potty whilst screaming hsi head off. Craziness I tell ya.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Welcome to life with a toddler!

Sometimes kids get all upset about something that seems irrational to us. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them- but we can't cater to every single whim toddlers have.

I had a rough adjustment with my first baby, between the infant "her wants are her needs so if she's crying she needs me" to "her wants aren't always her needs and sometimes she's crying because she needs me and sometimes she's crying because she only WANTS something and it's in her best interest to not indulge her all the time." It's a fine line to walk, and lots of frustration and second-guessing myself along the way. By my 3rd baby, I had a much easier time separating out "I need Mommy" cries from "temper tantrum" cries and I can ignore the tantrums more easily now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.