Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you so much for recommending this book on the "fave gd books" thread. I ordered it along with Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves. They arrived yesterday and I'm almost finished with Connection Parenting. It sounds a little extreme to say, but I really see this book as being life changing for us. I know changes will not be made overnight, but I'm putting so much of it in to practice already. I keep saying to myself "think twice, speak once" and earlier when I had the urge to yell (and is my normal reaction to what was happening), I realized that it's a form of bullying and told my boys that I am really trying hard not to yell and I needed their help.

Thank you so very much.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I am glad you are finding her book useful.

Be sure to read Chapter 7. Connecting with Our Own Needs: "Parents have needs too. Families work best when everyone's needs are met."

Especially when you are making a change, you'll need to be more mindful of self-care!

Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.