Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Some of my DH's cousins have kindly offered to host a baby shower...this is our first together and it has been a long time since my last baby (10 years).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have started an amazon.com baby registry which I like because I am hoping for diapers and carriers and APish things that are not easy to buy around here.  But, I've been encourage to also register at a major store where people can go and shop of a list.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am worried that I will get more stuff from the store, and not the stuff from amazon (which I need and want more of).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Should I register at a store or just expect/hope people to be able to shop on-line?</p>

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
<p>If you think you can find things at the store you would like/use, then I would create the second "in-store" registry.  But if not, I would encourage people to look at the Amazon registry for ideas about your style/needs and then buy off the registry in a store of their choosing if they really want to shop in a bricks and mortar store.</p>

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
<p>I think there will be people invited to your shower who either don't shop online or who buy gifts at the last minute (and can't wait for shipping.) I would register at a brick & mortar store for that reason - at least you'll get some things that you know you can use. </p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>I'm also kind of trying to figure out registry stuff. I'm thinking I'll do both amazon and a store people can actually go to. not everyone likes ordering gifts online, and there are always people who shop at the last minute. I do think that I'm not going to end up getting the diapers, which are what I really need. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts